Thursday, October 30, 2014
This pair of earrings truly has all my favorite things; leather, Swarovski crystals, brass & pewter. I just love mixing metals!
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
2 Broke Girls Necklace Tutorial
One look at this gorgeous necklace and it electrifies me with inspiration! Well, who wouldn't be inspired by this necklace? Are you a 2 Broke Girls Fan?
This is not an exact replicateion of the necklace but merely my own version. Have fun!
Supplies:Thirty 10mm pearls
Twenty-two gold eyepins
Eight gold headpins
Thirty-five inches of gold chain
One gold clasp
Fifty-two small (4mm) gold jump rings
Six medium (6mm) gold jump rings
Chain Nose Pliers
Flat Nose Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
1. You will begin this project by cutting three lengths of chain; 16”, 9", & 8”
2. Next, you will make the pearl connectors using the gold eyepins; place one pearl on an eyepin and make a simple loop.
3. Repeat step two twenty-one more times so that you have a total of twenty-two pearl connectors all together.
4. Count down seventeen links on 16" chain and attach a pearl connector with the small jump ring.
5. Repeat step four until you have twelve pearls attached to the 16" chain; skipping a link in between.
6. Attach the end of the 9" chain right above the top pearl connector with the medium jump ring (counting down on 16" length chain it would be the sixteenth link.)
7. Count down six links on 9" chain and attach the bottom loop of pearl connector to chain link.
8. Repeat step seven nine more times skipping a link in between.
9. Attach the end of the 9" chain to link above the last pearl connector with medium jump ring (counting down on 16" it would be the sixteenth link.)
10. Take the 8” piece of chain and attach to the sixth link on 9" chain using the medium jump ring.
11. Attach the bottom of pearl connectors to chain.
12. Attach the end of the 8" chain to the sixth link on 9" chain with medium jump ring.
13. Next, you will make the pearl dangles; place one pearl on a headpin and make a wrapped loop.
14. Repeat step thirteen seven more times.
15. Attach the pearl dangles to the bottom of 8" chain with small jump rings.
16. Attach a medium jump ring to both ends of 16" chain and attach the clasp.