Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Thursday, September 25, 2014
DIY Earthy Contemporary Statement Necklace
Supplies:3 Pkgs Acrylic Bead Mix (Set aside 10 brass flowers, 9 round coral, 9 bronze, 9 turquoise, & 9 transparent coral tone beads)
2 Gold Starter Packs (36 eyepins, 10 headpins 1 clasp, 2 small jump rings & 3 large jump rings)
1 Pkg 100 ft Small Oval Antique Gold Chain
Cutting Chain (Click here to learn how)
Simple Loops (Click here to learn how)
Wrapped Loop (Click here to learn how)
Flat Nose Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
1. Cut four 3.5" lengths of antique gold chain.
2. Cut one 18" length of antique gold chain and set aside.
3. Next, place a round coral bead on an eyepin, lay the first link of the 3.5" length of chain over top of coral bead; make a simple loop.
4. Skip three chain links and repeat step three eight more times so that there are 9 coral beads total.
5. Place a bronze bead on an eyepin, lay the first link of 3.5" chain over top; make a simple loop and attach to bottom of coral bead.
6. Skip three chain links and repeat step five eight more times.
7. Place a turquoise bead on an eyepin, lay the first link of 3.5" chain over top; make a simple loop and attach to bottom of bronze bead.
8. Skip three chain links and repeat step seven eight more times.
9. Place one transparent coral bead on a headpin, lay the first link of 3.5"chain over top; make a simple loop and attach to bottom of turquoise bead.
10. Skip three chain links and repeat step nine eight more times.
11.Open the loop of an eyepin, attach it to the center coral bead and then close.
12. Place one brass flower bead on the eyepin.
13. Find center of 18" length chain.
14. Make a simple loop and attach the brass flower to middle of 18" length chain.
15. Skip three chain links and repeat step fourteen eight more times.
16. Add one small jump ring to right side, attach clasp.
17. Add a small jump ring to left side & close.
18. Add three large jump rings to the small jump ring on left side.
19. Place one brass flower on headpind & make a wrapped loop.
20. Attach brass flower dangle to last large jump ring.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
I wanted to share this J.Crew Tesselate Necklace with y'all again! It's a fun necklace to make any time of the year, just simply switch out the bead colors to make a Fall version of this sweet necklace.
P.S. I'm working on a fun necklace tutorial that I hope to bring to you later this week. Stay Tuned!
Posted by Ellies Bijoux at Tuesday, September 23, 2014